Is there an entrance fee?
Absolutely not! The Underpass Park Farmers’ Market’s entrance is free and will always be!
How can I pay for what I buy?
95% of our vendors are equipped with card machines so you can pay with your debit or credit card. Some of them will also take cash or, in a few cases, e-transfers.
What can I typically buy on a Thursday afternoon at the market?
We have a variety of vendors. On a regular Thursday, you can expect to find:
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables (a lot of them! We have several farmers, they all come with their specialties but you will always find some greens at the market)
- Honey, Jams and Preserves
- Meat (you may need to order it in advance)
- Fish (mostly salmon and arctic char)
- Bread, bagels, brioches
- Dips and hot sauce
- Pastries, pies, cupcakes
- Ice-cream sandwiches
- Dog treats (yes, you read that right)
Ready to eat:
- South-Asian cuisine (Fathima’s Kitchen)
- Tibetan momos (TC Tibetan MoMo)
- Banh-mi (Friend of a Friend)
- Piroshkas (Alma Bakery)
- Skincare products
- Stationery and greeting cards
- Potted plants
- Pottery, handmade jewellery, tea, dreamcatchers… depending on the day!
PS: sometimes a vendor doesn’t show up. Maybe they got stuck in traffic, maybe they’re taking some well-deserved time off… Who knows? Don’t be mad! Check our Instagram page (and theirs too) to stay up to date!
Are dogs allowed?
The Underpass Park Farmers’ Market is dog-friendly* as long as your furry friend can behave in public 🙂
* also cat, rabbit, ferret, err… llama-friendly?